Goal was simplification.
- systemd config mistakes can lead to silent failures
- I will never master shell script quoting
- moving window (frame) management to a window manager completely is not trivial
- emacsclient has hardcoded action for -a flag, which makes using sockets harder
Full config published here:
I really want to like magit forge in #emacs; it's so nicely integrated, but it is way to slow to be practical for me.
Upgrading to #emacs 27 Mostly for the json stuff.
Migrated to mu(4e) from notmuch for my email; took me "only" 3 days.
- rationale of 'state in maildir only' helps me keep sane when using many machines
- refiling messages is natively supported
- format=flowed support
- UI of mu4e, especially compose and attachment handling
- less glue needed to have a complete workflow
Things I lost:
- remote use over ssh (although the 'mu server' paradigm gives me hope)
It's all a lot simpler now.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!