Hmm, I was under the *impression* that _some_ text `formatting` was supported by mastodon
( see https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues/853 )
Is that instance specific? Am I missing something?
The amount of mail without the required 'Message-ID' and 'Date' headers crossed my annoyance-threshold.
Here's a solution, using postfix:
`always_add_missing_headers = yes
`/^Date:[ ]*$/i STRIP`
This has two effects:
- if Date: header is blank, it will be stripped and logged that this is done
- missing required headers will be generated by postfix, including stripped ones
@mdbraber Any ETA for upgrading the instance mastodon.nl to version 3.x ?
Migrated to mu(4e) from notmuch for my email; took me "only" 3 days.
- rationale of 'state in maildir only' helps me keep sane when using many machines
- refiling messages is natively supported
- format=flowed support
- UI of mu4e, especially compose and attachment handling
- less glue needed to have a complete workflow
Things I lost:
- remote use over ssh (although the 'mu server' paradigm gives me hope)
It's all a lot simpler now.
Finally, things seem to start moving in the right direction:
Meet @forgefed, an ActivityPub / Federation protocol for networked version control services like GitHub or GitLab.
I can't wire money to my bank account in South Africa (from EU) without first going through a bureaucratic process of providing the SA bank all my details and explaining to them why I'm transferring my own money to my own account.
Also, some German banks don't want to wire to SA at all, so I have to carefully choose the sending bank.
Maybe this bitcoin thing has a usecase after all.
Why AM/PM is a bad idea:
- It's more complicated.
- Is 12:00 PM in the morning or evening? I don't know.
- 12:00 PM followed by 12:01 AM, WTF?
- Which date does 12:00 PM belong to?
Benefits of 24-hour clock:
- Simple, hours run from 00 to 23.
- 12:00 is noon.
- 00:00 is midnight of the subsequent day
- 24:00 is the exact same time, but on the previous day
Thus, it's obvious what point in time I'm referring to when I say 7'th Oct 00:00.
Now, let's fix DST.
Just read it.
I wish I could describe the essence of Bitcoin half as well as Gregory Maxwell can. This should be mandatory reading for anyone participating in decentralization discussions. https://twitter.com/bitcoin_experts/status/1180248843750801408
I stumbled upon https://fediphoto.com
3 click photo posting to the fediverse. Nice, it needs a little UI work, but it fits a specific usecase perfectly
Spec wise, I think the LG Gram 13 ( https://www.lg.com/us/laptops/lg-13Z970-AAAS5U1-ultra-slim-laptop ) comes close to what I want. Given the weight of the 13 I wish LG made an LG gram 10 ;-)
The line seems rather hard to get though (in NL)
Any suggestions for a sub 1kg linux notebook? Usage: remote devops while traveling (backpack)
Other than that, hardware specs of the c101pa are more or less sufficient, weight is most important.
This is great. Terrifying, but great.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!