Of course, i like science and technology. Youtube channels i like:
* Thought Emporium https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUXArqJSCk weird name, like the project.
* NileRed https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedNile ... overall, i don't understand chemistry well..
* Applied Science https://www.youtube.com/user/bkraz333
* NurdRage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgKGGJkt1MrNmhq3vRibYA ,
* Cody's Lab https://www.youtube.com/user/theCodyReeder
* Jeri Ellsworth https://www.youtube.com/user/jeriellsworth
I muck around myself, but understanding&doing things hard. Like https://mastodon.nl/web/statuses/100939249979980069 (continued)
Sources that I use: News:
* https://www.democracynow.org dayly video/audio of news, including more in depth information. (if little time, check the headlines)
* http://theintercept.com just great journalism. Two podcasts.
* http://nos.nl well i look something for what they're upto, but to be honest don't expect that much good.
This dragonfly was roughly the size of my hand and just sat there, right next to me, for a couple of minutes.
Liberté for Whom?
French Muslims Grapple With a Republic That Codified Their Marginalization | Murtaza Hussain
Joy Gordon on UN/oil-for-food scandal, Howard Friel on international law and NY Times | Counterspin (28min) from November 2004
(no particular reason)
#baturday comes in all shapes and sizes
"Caribbean white tent-making bat" is maybe the best name
if you'd like to read my posts about developing things such as fedibooks and OCRbot, please follow @LynnearSoftware!
US Media Erase Years of Chavismo’s Gains | Gregory Shupak
Coffee in the blood stream moves quickly everywhere, cranial coffee lowly creaps into the fractal crevices of the lobes.
Nazi terrorism Show more
Neo-Nazi U.S. Coast Guard domestic terrorist lieutenant Christopher Hasson denied bail.
Meet 𝘎𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘢 𝘚𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢, or Bahamian Gromia. It's a grape sized, (1.2 inch) single celled collusus of a protist that spends its days glacially slowly rolling across the ocean floor.
This gentle giant scoops up nutrients and other, smaller microbes by sending out pseudopods that also reach out in front of it and drag it along the seabed. They leave long trails behind them, and some fossilized remains of these trails go back nearly 1.2 billion years!
Gemeente Zaanstad moet per direct stoppen met Flextensie! Net zoals met alle andere vormen van rechteloze arbeid tussen vrijwilligerswerk en een baan in.
ecological disaster Show more
Toxic black snow covers Siberian coalmining region Kuzbass.
"It’s harder to find white snow than black snow".
antisemitism Show more
How Jews Got to Europe (thread)
(1) our home was occupied by the Romans
(2) after two failed rebellions, our temple was destroyed and replaced with a temple to Jupiter
(3) after our third failed rebellion we were banned from Jerusalem and forbidden from practicing our religion in the land, and many of us were sold into slavery
(4) a mass exodus began at this point due to intolerable conditions as well as forced expulsions. a minority stayed in Galilee, but most were dispersed
Got physics bachelor,
programmed a lot, alas failing at bringing to public.
Used to 3d print, follow ethereum,
want to understand things
Mastodon-instance voor de Nederlandse gemeenschap, maar open voor iedereen. Voertaal voornamelijk Nederlands en Engels.
Mastodon instance for the Dutch community, but open to anyone. Primary languages Dutch and English.
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org / Hosting kindly offered by Stek.io and Azure