Zoom vs. Jitsi:
– Neither Zoom nor Jitsi are always end-to-end encrypted.
Always talk about pros and cons. Don't skip the drawbacks of so-called "alternatives."
To Jitsi admins:
– Be aware of Google STUN servers in your configuration (see also https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/pull/5433).
– Change the default text of the landing page since it may incorrectly state that Jitsi is fully encrypted.
– Try to deploy HTTP security headers, like a strict Content Security Policy.
– Keep your server software up-to-date (see also https://infosec-handbook.eu/as-wss/).
– Be nice to each other.
Wenn ihr #Zoom unter #Linux bzw. #Debian betreibt, passt bei der Deinstallation auf. Die Routine versucht in /root (Verzeichnis des Administrators) zu schreiben.
Zoom: You should hire an appropriate package maintainer
#Jitsi mit #Firefox und #Safari: Besserung ist in Sicht. 🌻 https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/4758#issuecomment-604463127
I think I'll see if I can get my parents to install chromium and try jitsi.
it must be said, that you still can use it, without any google being involved. There're instances that have changed those lines in their installation.
There're some lists where such instances are listed...but don't have a link at hand. If you can't find it, ask me again.
if it's for voice calls I would say go for: mumble.
maybe you like to also check out qtox. (I only tested it with 2 people. worked very well, it's p2p and e2e encrypted)
Do you have a free and open Jitsi server, with some bandwith to spare? Tell me, and we'll add it to @vc4all : vc4all.nl / beeldbellen.vc4all.nl
In times of social distancing, a safe, virtual space to get together is crucial to not go insane or get depressed.
Organize a drinkup online, say hi to your family. Make a group call to granma. Meet up: online!
We faciliteren beeldbellen tussen familie & vrienden. Gratis & gerund door vrijwilligers tijdens de Corona (COVID-19) pandemie. Zo goed als we kunnen.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!